What exactly is a property condition assessment and why would my business need one? Both of these are great questions when looking to relocate your business to a new physical property. One of the great advantages of a commercial assessment is the confidence it provides to either move forward and purchase the property in question, or to move in a completely different direction altogether. Inspecticore understands that this can be a complex and overwhelming decision, and will provide you with a reliable and informative professional commercial building inspection to make your decision an easy one.
The Process of a Property Condition Assessment
Simply explained, a property condition assessment is the commercial version of a home inspection. The purpose is to perform an objective evaluation of the condition of the business property you wish to purchase. This process is completed in 4 steps:
- An interview is conducted with the current building owner, and any property documents are reviewed.
- A professional inspector walks through the property, observing its physical condition.
- An estimate of costs associated with any needed repairs is prepared for the client.
- A thorough report of the condition of the building, along with the cost of repairs, is given to the potential owner.
During this assessment, how detailed or precise is the inspector in his/her observations of the building? How thorough is the commercial building inspection itself? While the list below is not a complete listing of every specific element that is inspected, it does offer an overview of the three major elements included in a property condition assessment.
1. Building & Structural Elements
- Walls, floors, and ceilings
- Fences, railings, and signage
- Roofing and foundation
- Furniture and other internal fixtures
2. Outdoor Property
- Stairs and steps
- Exterior doors and windows
- Physical grounds, such as lawn and pavement
- Outdoor lighting
3. Mechanical Systems
- Electrical systems
- Plumbing systems
- Heating, venting, and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Elevators and escalators
- Fire safety systems
You can trust the professionals at Inspecticore to provide you with a complete and thorough property condition assessment. Contact our office today at (516) 524-0673 to schedule an inspection.